Previous
Profile
Next
Profile

Ukraine

61 Kommumnars
38, Admiralskaya Str.
54001, Nikolaev


61 Communards

Description

State enterprise " The shipyard named after 61 Communards" is situated in the city of Nikolaev on the banks of Ingul river, 55 miles from the Black sea. The total area of the enterprise is 1414.5 thousand square metres , with building up area of 476.5 thousand square metres. Production capacities of the enterprise are concentrated in 286 industrial buildings and 165 industrial structures.

 

Technological and organizational possibilities of the shipyard allows to build contemporary, highly efficient and reliable vessels of all types with hull weight up to 28 000 tonnes. Hulls construction is made on three building berths with partial installation and mounting of equipment and machinery simultaneously. 

 

The total length of warfs equipped with necessary infrastructure makes 1248 m that allows to outfit simultaneously no less than 10 vessels. Production capacities of pipe machining, mechanical mounting, electrical engineering, paint and insulation, woodworking and machine building workshops are involved in the process of shipbuilding and ship repair without enlisting a contractor. Floating dock of 7000 t lifting capacity allows to perform any kind of ship repair for the ships of up to 140 m length and up to 20 m width. Maintenance on repairing or modernization of the vessels in different parts of the world is carried out by means of mobile teams of highly qualified engineers and specialists.

In connection with conversion the excessive production areas (20 thousand square metres), covered terminals to keep and handle different kinds of cargo (30 thousand sq. m), terminal equipped for keeping, receiving and giving out luboil and fuel (10 thousand sq. m) have appeared at the shipyard.  All kinds of production are equipped to the sufficient extent with machining, woodworking, lifting and transportation machinery. All kinds of materials and technical supply are carried out on the basis of information accumulated for the last years about suppliers of materials and ship's equipment in Ukraine and abroad. The basis of the experience amassed in the shipbuilding and ship engineering are highly qualified engineers and workers at the shipyard. Besides shipbuilding which comprises 93.5% (in 1999) of the total production the shipyard carries out ship repairing, manufactures the articles of ship, industrial and special (licensed articles for nuclear power stations) machine building.  

 

 

1788 - the year of foundation of Nikolaev Admiralty (the first name of the shipyard).

 

1789 - the first 44-cannon frigate "The Snt. Nickolas" was launched with following series of battleships to defend south borders of Russian Empire.

 

1851 - by the admiral's Lazarev order the fist considerable reconstruction of the shipyard was realized.

 

1856-1867 -the period of battleships construction. From this series of warships the most important historical mission fall to the armored battleship " The Prince Potyomkin Tavrichesky" . The shipyard built battleships till 1910.

 

1911-1914 - on the left bank of the Ingul River two building berths with slip-ways, assembling and welding workshop , a number of buildings and outfitting wharf were built. The shipyard got new name - "Russud". Battleships, cruisers, storm-boats that were built at the shipyard were the best vessels of its class at the period.

 

From 1931 when the shipyard was named after 61 Communards torpedo-boat destroyers, destroyers and submarines, supply vessels for Navy, including rescue vessels of various purposes equipped with deep-water operation systems were built. Warships that were built at the shipyard always excelled by their high performance, quality and reliability. About one third of Navy of former USSR were built at our shipyard.

 

 

1938 -building berth No. 3 was built. After its reconstruction in 1986 it has the dimensions 218 x 42 meters and allows to launch vessels with hulls' weights up to 28000 tonnes. On the right bank of Ingul River the machine-fitting and assembly-outfitting workshops (1970), outfitting wharf (1986), the largest workshop with up-to-date equipment for producing engineering products (1988), regular anchorage of floating-dock (1987), power network and structures were built as well as building of two open building berths with the dimensions of 220 x 26 meters each (1987).

 

In July 1999 the shipyard finished the repairing and delivered strike missile cruiser "Moscow" to the Russia's Department of Defence. From April 1999 the outfitting work on the flagship of Ukrainian Navy - missile cruiser "Ukraine" began. Having traditional long-term experience and skilled personnel the shipyard is ready for construction of new generation warships, proposals of which you can find in the section Product Catalogue.

 

Since 1960th our Shipyard has been building reefer vessels for a merchant fleet. 90 vessels from 260 up to 500 thousand cu.ft. capacity were build and 25 of them delivered for export. Since 1991 our Shipyard cooperates with the Greece company "Laskaridis Shipping Company Ltd" and since 1997 with the joint Ukraine-Greece venture "Yugreftransflot-Lavinia". During the cooperation 15 reefer ships were delivered to the Customer and 2 reefer vessels for the company "Yugreftransflot-Lavinia" are under construction now.

 

During the period of 2001-2003 the Shipyard built and delivered 3 hulls of supply vessels and 2 hulls of arctic trawlers to the Bergen Yards AS Norway company. Norwegian shipbuilders highly appreciated professionalism and quality of the work carried out by the shipbuilders in Nikolaev.

 

In April - May of 2003 two contracts were signed with the French company Vopak LMF on manufacturing of the special foundations and renovation of the barges for the drilling platform modules transportation.

 

 

14 June 2003 the contract was signed with the Delta - Pilot state enterprise on building of the multi-purpose tug boat L=34м with a tractive force of 60t.

 

 

27 October 2003 a contract on construction of ice-breaker was concluded with Delta-Pilot state company.

 

 

30 January 2004 a contract was concluded with Factoria Naval de Marin s.a. Spanish firm on construction of 2 (+2) hulls of 4500 dwt bulk carriers. 5 November and 24 December 2004 the first and second hulls were laid.

 

 

27 March 2004 a contract was concluded with Havyard Leirvik AS Norwegian firm on construction of 99.8 m long ice breaker hull. On October 8, 2004 the ceremonial laying of the hull took place. The General customer of the complete vessel is the Russia's Sevmorneftegas company. On October 9, 2004 a contract was signed on construction of the second hull of the ice breaker.

 

 

On April 21, 2005 the contracts were concluded with Factoria Naval de Marin s.a. Spanish firm on construction of three (+2) hulls of 4500 dwt bulk carriers that is sequential construction of a series of container ships.

Today the shipyard is an active enterprise which have the real orders and has the abilities of building new projects.

Status
Manufacturer of Armaments
Directors and Executives